Florida’s Natural Premium Juices X Recipes
Anyone who loves drinking fruit juices would definitely have heard of Florida’s Natural Orange Juice. Made from only the freshest Valencia Oranges that have spent almost an entire year soaking up the Florida sun and squeezed to make 100 percent pure premium quality pasteurized orange juice, this is the closest thing you will get to drinking an orange from a cup.
But Florida’s Natural is not only known for their orange juices. The growers have since expanded their selection of juices to also include Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, Apple Juice, Lemonades and even mixed juices such as Orange Pineapple and Cranberry Ruby Red Cocktail, all of which are freshly squeezed and NOT made from concentrate.
Thanks to the team at Florida’s Natural Singapore, I was extremely fortunate to receive a sampler pack of their top 5 most popular juices: Orange (No Pulp), Orange (Most Pulp), Ruby Red Grapefruit, Apple, Orange Pineapple as well as a bag of their sweet juicy Valencia Oranges – the very same oranges used to make their juices!
And because the juices are so fresh and naturally sweet, I found them to be very versatile to use in baking (which is actually heaps more convenient as you save a step of having to juice the fruit).
Here are some easy-to-follow recipes which I experimented with and the juices I used so that you too can recreate these cakes or cupcakes with your own carton of Florida’s Natural Juices. Enjoy!
FLORIDA’S NATURAL ORANGE PINEAPPLE JUICE
Orange Pineapple Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream
Adapted from Blessings From My Kitchen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter. softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp orange rind
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c Florida’s Natural Orange Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 c butter
- 4 c icing sugar
- 1/4 c Florida’s Natural Orange Juice (No pulp)
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
- Using either stand or hand held electric mixer set to medium high,combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined and creamed together.
- In another bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, rind, baking powder and salt until well distributed.
- By keeping mixer speed at medium, alternate by adding dry ingredients with orange juice into the butter/egg mixture, gradually beating with each addition until all ingredients are combined and batter is smooth .
- Spoon batter into cupcake lined pans, 3/4th full for each.
- Place cupcakes in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and add the sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Add the Florida’s Natural Orange Juice and zest, beat until smooth and creamy
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes
- Add a sliced orange on top for fun!
FLORIDA’S NATURAL ORANGE JUICE
Chocolate Orange Cake with Milk Chocolate Ganache
Adapted from Wholesome Ireland
- 200g Plain Flour
- 220g Butter
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 Large Orange or 1/3 cup Florida’s Natural Orange Juice (With Pulp)
- 300g dark or plain chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice of 1 orange or 1/3 cup Florida’s Natural Orange Juice (No Pulp)
- Heat your oven to 160 degrees C
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Weigh out the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder all into a bowl and set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs into the mixture and cream again until well mixed.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 eggs.
- Pour half the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Repeat step 6 for the second half.
- Add the Florida’s Natural Orange Juice (With Pulp) directly into the mixing bowl then beat again until you have a batter.
- Spray your tin liberally with oil and pour the batter into it
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 mins or until a stick inserted comes out clean
- Remove the cake from the oven when cooked through and place (still in the tin) onto a wire rack to cool down. This takes about an hour or so.
- Once cool, turn the tin upside down and the cake should just slide out
- In a saucepan, place the butter, honey & the Florida’s Natural Orange Juice (No Pulp).
- Heat on low until the butter is melted and the honey becomes more liquid.
- Now add the chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour over the cake.
FLORIDA’S NATURAL RUBY RED GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
Grapefruit Olive Oil Loaf
Adapted from The Idolent Cook
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Florida’s Natural Grapefruit Juice
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced (200 regular).
- Combine self-raising flour and raw sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Set aside.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk egg, then add Florida’s Natural Grapefruit Juice, zest, olive oil and salt.
- Continue whisking till well-mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well of dry ingredients. Stir together until just combined – do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased mini loaf pan (or other mini cake pan) and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes
- Let the cake cool slightly for 10 minutes, then remove from pan, slice and enjoy!
All Florida’s Natural Juices can be found at NTUC outlets and selected Cold Storage supermarkets!