Category Archives: Baking: Scones
Made 4 rounds of these with my housemates for Jazz Night on Friday! :)
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 per round):
150ml Full Cream/Skimmed Milk
150ml Pure Cream
3 cups Self Raising Flour
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 cup mix ins (choc chip, cheddar cheese, cinnamon, dried fruits)
Zest of one Lemon, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, hand whisk the milk, cream and egg until well combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, mix in and lemon zest and gently stir together with a spoon until mixed.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough flat until 2cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut round scones from the dough and place onto the baking tray
I only had a heart shaped cookie cutter which explains why my scones vaguely looked like hearts.. Hee
- Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar
(for the glaze effect-look at picture below :D)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and risen.
ENJOY! We all thought the cheese and oregano ones were the best :D